Week ending 1-31-20
Our Spring science-based Learning Celebration will take place Saturday, February 1st at the Power campus. We hope you are able to make it to see the wealth of learning going on this quarter!
Our theme is: Exploring the Natural World. We begin with an introduction to biomes. With our focus on Africa, our continent of this month, we then specifically looked at the Grasslands/Savannah. Your child chose one animal to make art and research and write about. Then, extended learning comes through selecting a subject of science of their choice and making a book. This has involved rough draft writing, editing, and final presentations of their work to the class. Each child loves being on the hot-seat and receiving the attention of their peers for work they are proud of. We are hopeful these presentation skills might also apply to a moment of getting to present their works to the adults this Saturday.
Wrapping up last week, this letter will be up on our website today! As we look forward to the brand new happy month of February, there are many opportunities to grow in the spirit of community with our San Tan school family. Take note!
- Donate to the Tax Credit Arts/PE Program click here to donate
- San Tan University Registration click here for form
- Spring Pictures Order Click Here to Purchase Pictures Online
- Montessori Fundraiser Event click here for registration
Important Dates to Remember:
- Jan. 31st– January PBIS Store
- Feb. 1st– Learning Celebration/ STEM Fest @8:30-2:00 at Power Campus
- Feb. 5th– Spring Pictures
- Feb. 8th– Family Fun Night @5:30
- Feb. 13th– San Tan University Parent Night
- Feb. 14th– Staff Appreciation Day
- Feb. 17th– President’s Day NO SCHOOL
- Feb. 18th– First Grade Field Trip
- Feb. 19th– Kinder Field Trip
- Feb. 26th– Half Day
- Feb. 29th– A Night in Atlantis!
- Feb. 3rd-6th– Book Fair
- Mar. 4th-6th– Half Day Teacher Conference
- Mar. 9-18th– Spring Break
SMILE! Spring picture day is coming up on Feb. 5, more details to follow! We need at least 5-6 volunteers to help with the flow of picture day. We will be having individual pictures as well as class pictures. Your time is greatly appreciated! Event 8-3pm.
Order Your Pictures today! Online Access Code: T5CZNJ7 https://dorianstudio.com/prepayment/?utm_source=2020+Spring+PP%2FCG+Picture+Day+Reminder&utm_campaign=c0950419f9-AUTOMATION__1_COPY_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_32e57df027-c0950419f9-179689545
Please take note of our Montessori Vision information night on February 18th (date changed from 2/4) which will highlight the program enhancements to come next school year. If you’re wanting to know more about the Upper Elementary and/or Infant classrooms or Outdoor Environment, this is your night!
Has your child been reading and learning at home? Don’t forget the excellent website: www.getepic.com .
Our Epic Class Code: enb8835
A Night in Atlantis
February 29th at 7:00 pm
Sponsored by Willmeng
Please join us for an adult evening in the magical underwater Atlantis Kingdom, full of music, fine food, drink and art created by your favorite Montessori Students. Tickets for the event go on sale January 6th and are $35.00 for General Admission and $60.00 For VIP Seating. VIP tickets include: Reserved seating, Pictures at a themed photo shoot of your child, Pictures will be printed and placed at your seats, you will also enjoy wine at your table.
Parents, please sign up for ATLANTIS DO IT YOURSELF DAY!
On Saturday, February 15, we will start at 10 a.m. on the Montessori playground. Kids can come and play while we craft (no childcare provided). We could use some more help and supplies to finish up our Atlantis décor. No DIY skills required! Please share your time and sign up! Thank you!
To make this magical Night happen we would love any help you want to offer, we are looking for the following items:
- Children who want to preform and share their talents during the evening (If your interested contact Mrs. Heller at : BHeller@santancs.com)
- Old Pool Noodles
- White Christmas lights ( White lights on white strings are the best!)
- Clear plastic bulbs
- LARGE card board boxes –T.V boxes or appliances boxes”